Swansea, West Bromwich and Bournemouth are the three clubs who are currently sitting in the relegation zone. But will they stay there until May? Take a look at the Premier League relegation betting odds!
Could Swansea’s new manager Carlos Carvalhal change their fortunes and scrape them out of the relegation zone? Are Newcastle going back down after losing momentum and losing 5 games in December? At odds 13/2 could we see Southampton drop more points as their best player Van Dijk has left in January for Liverpool?
All you need to know about the Premier League Relegation Betting Odds
From bottom to top, we take a look at the lower teams in the table and then their odds:
- Swansea: 13 points – 2/13 odds to get relegated
- West Bromwich: 15 points – 19/20 odds to get relegated
- Bournemouth: 17 points – 2/1 odds to get relegated
- West Ham: 18 points – 4/1 odds to get relegated
- Crystal Palace: 18 points – 4/1 odds to get relegated
- Newcastle: 18 points – 11/4 odds to get relegated
- Southampton: 19 points – 13/2 odds to get relegated
- Stoke City: 20 points – 4/1 odds to get relegated
- Brighton and Hove Albion: 21 points – 5/2 odds to get relegated
How many points are needed?
According to gambling news in the UK, a Premier League manager is considered unlucky should his team rack up 40 points and still go down. 40 points is seen as a kind of safety zone in the division which is what the smaller clubs usually set out as a primary target.
Calling it Early
It’s a tricky task as a gambler to pick your candidates for relegation so early but through online sportsbook sites in the UK you can find the best bets. Usually in the closing weeks of the season, the threatened teams claw, scrape and steal victories from their relegation rivals.
Personal thoughts about the relegation battle
Judging by this half season that has been played, my best bet would be to go with Swansea, who really do not look like they made the right signings in the summer, West Brom and Newcastle. By signing into Unibet Sportsbook, you can find the Premier League relegation betting odds for these three under-performing teams to see if their hopes of staying in the top division will fade away.