The football transfer season opening this summer will seal the fate of some of your favorite players.
With the 2014 World Cup in Brazil beginning on June 12th, fans, sports commentators and mobile betting operators are passing the time discussing the latest rumors regarding player transfers. Europe’s biggest soccer clubs are negotiating deals to get the best players on their teams, but it’s not that simple; some transfers end up costing them more than they can afford.
Many excellent football players have been in the spotlight this season, so now club leaders are discussing the future of talents such as Thiabut Courtois, Paul Pogba, Didier Drogba, Diego Costa, Filipe Luis, Cesc Fabregas, Thorgan Hazard, Arturo Vidal, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Luis Suarez.
Let’s see some of the hottest football transfer rumors spread by recent gambling news:
1. There’s a very good chance that Liverpool star Luis Suarez might leave the team despite being considered a star over there, but his lawyer said an offer from Real Madrid would be very difficult to pass up. And it’s not just because of the money, he added, but because his client has always dreamt of being part of Spain’s sports scene.
2. Newspapers claimed Chelsea really wanted Paris Saint-Germain FC winger Ezequiel Lavezzi, but the English football club got some tough news after the player’s agent denied all such rumors. He wanted to make it very clear that his customer, the 29-year-old Argentine player, will not be leaving Paris this summer.
3. Italian sports news recently wrote that Champions league winners Real Madrid are willing to pay Juventus EUR 50 million for Arturo Vidal. The Chile football star was also targeted by Manchester United, but the Spanish football club has offered a way better deal. Manager Carlo Ancelotti requested that the Galacticos seal the deal before the beginning of the World Cup.
4. Two big football clubs have set their eyes on 21-year-old Thorgan Hazard, who currently plays for Zulte Waregem on loan from Chelsea. The young footballer scored 14 goals and has had a great season, promising to be one of Belgium’s brightest. Spanish news claim Valencia want him, but now rumor has it Premier League rivals Liverpool have been monitoring him as well.
5. Cesc Fabregas’ situation is getting more and more interesting each day. It was said that Arsenal were first in line to grab him up, but now it looks like Manchester United want the 27-year-old too. Newspapers wrote that the Red Devils were preparing to bid EUR 37 million for the Barcelona midfielder.
6. There have been a lot of (confusing) rumors about Chelsea’s plan to bring over three players from Atletico Madrid. Over the last month, we’ve heard that the Blues were willing to pay EUR 50 million for Diego Costa, Filipe Luis and former player Tiago. But the latest sports news say the price is now at EUR 100 million for Godin, Filipe Luis and Diego Costa.
7. Despite undergoing a groin operation and despite his age, football legend Didier Drogba is preparing to make a comeback after the World Cup is over. His career at the Turkish football club Galatasaray may be over, but it helped him prove that he’s a valuable player. Now rumor has it Juventus are willing to make an offer.
8. Real Madrid has again shown interest for 21-year-old Paul Pogba. The Juventus midfielder is also targeted by Manchester United, but now Real’s striker Karim Benzema has publicly praised his talent and urged him to join the Spanish team.
9. In an attempt to steer away from any unwanted tensions at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea has put Petr Cech on sale, after choosing Thibaut Courtois – who now plays for Atletico Madrid on loan from the Blues – as top choice for the next season. Cech missed the last few games in the Premier League after suffering a shoulder injury.
So these are the latest rumors in the world of football transfers. And while it will be very interesting to see where all these excellent players end up, the truth is we just can’t wait for the 2014 World Cup to kick off. Stay tuned, because this will be a great summer for football fans!