Professional card players, get ready! It’s going to be a busy week in the world of poker.
• Parx Big Stax VIII – $550 buy-in, $300,000 prize pool
• HPT Daytona Beach Kennel – $1,670 NLHE main event
• WSOP Circuit Horseshoe Southern Indiana – $1,675 NLHE main event
For those of you looking to win big at poker this week, the United States of America will really start looking like the land of opportunity. Casinos worldwide are hosting a number of tournaments this week, offering players the chance to win some pretty impressive prizes, and American poker rooms are definitely in the lead when it comes to the number of events hosted.
Huge prizes await poker players in the next few days, as there are a number of tournaments offering hundreds of thousands of dollars in winnings. Here are the seven biggest events poker players won’t want to miss out on:
1. The CPPT II Big Poker Oktober kicked off on September 21 and will go on until October 15.Hosted at the Bicycle Casino in Bell Gardens, California, the event is getting closer and closer to its final and most exciting stage – the Card Player Poker Tour series.The $1,100 no-limit hold’em main event is what poker players are looking forward to the most.
The competition will be featuring the Bike’s own Quantum Reload format and will take place between October 11 and October 15. The poker race will end with the crowning of yet another CPPT champion.The final table will be streamed live on the casino’s cash game and tournament show.
2. The second-ever running World Series of Poker Asia Pacific started last Thursday at the Crown Casino in Melbourne, Australia. The event lasts for two weeks and will award a total of 10 WSOP gold bracelets. Only 5 bracelets were awarded in the tournament’s first edition, so doubling their number is one more reason for players to be excited.
October 12 is the day everyone’s waiting for, because this is when the AUD$10,000 no-limit hold’em main event kicks off. Play will continue until October 18, when the champion will be decided.
3. There’s an important event going on in London too, where the 2014 European Poker Tour and United Kingdom and Ireland Poker Tourbegin on Wednesday. The two events will be combined to create one major tournament series, which will host no less than 33 events from October 8 through October 18, at the Grand Connaught Rooms.
The UKIPT GBP770 no-limit hold’em main event will be one of the most exciting ones, with the two starting days scheduled to begin at noon on the 8th and 9th of October. The series will continue with the GBP4, 250 EPT London no-limit hold’em main event, beginning at noon on October 12th. The champion will be decided on October 18, local gambling news has reported.
4. Next on the list is the 2014 PHamous Poker Series VI, running from October 9 through October 12 at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. The series includes three events and features guaranteed prize pools for every tournament, making it one of the best poker tournaments Las Vegas has to offer this month.
The main attraction point is the $500,000 guaranteed no-limit hold’em event. The $565 buy-in poker race will kick off at noon on October 9 and will last for three days.
5. Another exciting poker tournament in Nevada begins on October 9 at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno. The 2014 World Poker Challenge 100K Guarantee Series offers seven events and over $100,000 in guaranteed cash prizes.
The most exciting part of the tournament will begin on October 11. The $340 buy-in no-limit hold’em event offers a guaranteed prize pool of $40,000 and features two starting flights, at noon and 5:00 PM local time.
6. The 2014 World Poker Finals is anther noteworthy tournament. Held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut, the series will host a number of exciting events, with hundreds of thousands of dollars up for grabs.
The main attraction of this week is the $1,650 buy-in no-limit hold’em event, which begins at noon on October 11. The winners will get to split the $150,000 guaranteed prize pool.
7. Beginning on October 8 and running through October 28, the 2014 Isle Open hosted by the Isle Casino in Pompano Beach, Florida kicks off with an awesome $350 buy-in event offering a$250,000 guaranteed prize pool.
The tournament has eight starting flights between October 8 and 11, and the best players will move on to the final table to play down to a champion.