The week in pictures: September 30th – October 6th
Posted: October 7, 2014
Updated: June 4, 2017
Plenty of events took place last week and most of the news left us waiting in (nervous) anticipation for a sequel.
Protests started in Hong Kong, another volcano started erupting in Japan and weirder than usual stuff seem to have started in North Korea – the supreme leader reached a critical amount of time since he’s been out of the public eye.
The ‘sex consent’ mobile app, ‘Good2Go’ started raising controversies already, same as Lindsay Lohan that started her new career in theater, looking to grow furthermore as an artist. Speaking of growing, Formula 1 welcomed the youngest pilot ever: Max Verstappen, age 17 and Sweden welcomed the first ‘womb transplant baby’ into this ever evolving – ever revolving world. More news to be expected from all of the above, we bet.
Betting and gambling had their share of news in the week between September 30th and October 6th and they came with pics. Let’s take look at them!
1. American Gaming Association has spoken: the casino industry has a huge impact on the United States economy, being a ‘bet paying off’.
2. Red alert! Liquor and Gaming Red Tape Reduction triggered gambling addiction in Queensland, Australia.
3. Five against Gov. Chris Christie! America’s sports leagues: NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL and NCAA tried to oppose New Jersey’s efforts to legalize sports betting.
4. Another optimist among casino owners. After Steve Wynn, Sheldon Adelson painted a golden picture for the gambling business in Macau.
5. Steve Miller revealed some details about Share My Pair, the game-changing free social networking app for poker players, in an exclusive GamingZion interview.
6. Missouri State Lottery diminished the revenues going to the education fund and for that Missouri House majority leader John Diehl wants a tough punishment: Lottery Abolition.
7. ‘Thrilla in Manila’. Philippines prepared 120 hectares for another gambling venue, City of Dreams Manila, as they’re getting ready to compete against Macau and Las Vegas.