Online gaming is nowadays a socially accepted form of entertainment. Playing for money is exciting and entertaining but it also carries risks. Therefore, Interwetten takes preventing gambling addiction and its responsibility in this area very seriously.
It goes without saying that every serious and reputable provider has to offer sufficient information about the potential risks of gambling. Prevention is based on information. Only well informed players are able to recognize a gambling problem in its early stages. Interwetten also offers proactive tools to check the gaming behavior of every customer und to prevent the negative consequences of excessive gaming. This includes for example deposit and bet limits (loss limits) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, temporary or permanent self-exclusion as well as the right to limit the gaming time for casino games. Last but not least responsible providers have to ensure that sufficient help and support is at hand if a customer has a gaming problem or is at risk of developing it.
We recommend to observe the following rules of conduct while you use our website to stay in control:
• Play responsibly and never forget that gambling is entertainment and not a way to make money.
• Gambling is a matter of chance and there is no formula or trick that will guarantee you winnings.
• Ensure that you are aware and that you understand the rules of the games that you are playing.
• Only play if you are able to pay attenttion and have sufficient breaks just like with any other online activity.
• Don't play if you are under the influence of alcohol or other substances or medication that alters your perception.
• Don't play if you feel low or depressed.
• Set yourself a gaming budget and keep an overview of your expenses and/or set yourself personal deposit and betting limits per day, week or month.
• Only play with money that you intend to spend on entertainment. Never bet money that was initially intended for another purpose.
• Never borrow money for gambling.
• Stick with your limits even if you lose.
If you are worried that you or a member of your family or a friend has developed a gambling problem you might want to apply this self-test to gain clarity:
1. Have you ever had an argument because of your gambling behavior with a close person for example a member of your family?
2. Do you always spend your entire budget?
3. Has the gambling ever caused you to lie to a person close to you?
4. Are you thinking about gambling even if you should focus on something else?
5. If you lose do you feel the urge to replace the losses by gambling again?
6. Do you neglect your work, your education or your family because of gambling?
7. Do you feel the urge to constantly increase your bets to keep up the fun of gambling?
8. Did you ever get into debts to gamble?
9. Have you ever thought about illegally obtaining money for gambling?
10. Have you ever felt guilty because of your gambling? Or has it ever caused anxiety?
11. Has your gambling behavior ever caused health problems?
12. Have you ever thought that you have a problem with gambling?
Our products and our marketing activities are not designed to address children or young people. The 18+ warnings are visibly displayed on our homepage. We don't accept registrations of customers younger than 18 years. Interwetten carries out identity checks and checks the dates of births of all customers to ensure compliance with youth protection legislation.
We are aware that the internet is an easily accessible platform in many households around the world. Therefore, providers and parents have to cooperate effectively to protect children and young people from the risks of gambling. To ensure the safety of our children we recommend to install filter software that prevents access to certain websites for minors.
Further hints for parents:
• Don't leave your children unattended with your computer while you are using our website.
• Make use of user-friendly monitoring applications such as www.netnanny.com
• Protect your gambling programs with a secret password.
• Make sure that children and young people have no access to your Interwetten username, password and deposit details.
• Don't allow minors to participate in gambling activities.
• Explain the legality of gambling to your children and make them aware of the risks for minors that gambling carries.
• Unfortunately, even the best system cannot fully prevent fraud and identity theft. If you are aware of any cases where our products are used in a fraudulent manner please contact our customer service via e-mail: [email protected]
Interwetten offers a broad range of measures for customers who would like to control their gambling behavior, for example deposit and betting limits (loss limits) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, temporary or permanent self-exclusion as well as limiting of gaming time for casino games.
Furthermore, Interwetten offers an automatic reality check that reminds customers every hour of all activities in any licensed casino. This is another security measure that shows customers the duration of a game played as well as all winnings and losses of the last hour. The reality check window also provides the opportunity to end a session or continue to play if so desired by the customer
– a deposit limit can be set per month, week or day. Deposit limits can be set by you in account settings. The deposit limit is the most efficient way to control your total expenditure. Please contact our customer service if you would also like to set up a betting limit.
Please note that all limits will be actived and calculated as soon as you have confirmed your self-restriction.
Any self-restriction confirmed by you can be canceled seven days in the current time period at the earliest once we have received your request. Any request for a higher self-restriction will be activated immediately, that is as soon as the change of the limit has been saved. You can check all current limits for your account in your account statement in "Limit".
Time periods are defined as follows:
Daily = current day 00:00:00 to 23:59:59
Weekly = Monday 00:00:00 to Sunday 23:59:59
Monthly = 01.XX 00:00:00 to 31.XX 23:59:59 (instead of the 31st the relevant current last day of the month is valid depending on the month)
If you have set a weekly limit of 200.00 on Wednesday, this limit runs out on the following Sunday and not the following Tuesday. Any setting that has been made before the setting of the limit in the current period will not be considered.
This means for example: you have deposited 300 Euros in September and set a monthly deposit limit of 300 Euros on the 17th September. With that you can deposit another 300 Euros until the end of the month.
Any deposit made has no effect on the limit selected for a time period. Settings made by you for a self-restriction or for a lower limit come into effect immediately. Settings carried out by you for a higher self-restriction or for a cancelation of the self-restriction come into effect at the end of 7 calendar days.
– If you opt for a temporary self-exclusion you exclude yourself from all gaming activities for a fixed period determined by you (e.g. a day, a week, or a month). Your account is blocked for this time period. As soon as the block is expired your account is automatically available for you again.
– If you opt for permanent self-exclusion your account will be blocked until further notice and possible credits will be paid out.
In both cases you can at any time apply for re-activation of your account. A re-activation is subject to a "cooling off" period of 7 days. Your application for re-activation is subject to internal checks and evaluations with regard to your gaming behavior and can potentially be refused. Self-excluded customers will of course not receive any advertising from us.
Contact and support:
Interwetten offers its customers contact details of external consultation services to receive professional support for prevention and treatment of gambling problems.
If you think that you are losing control of your gaming behavior or you have the impression that a family member or a friend has gambling problems please contact the following independent and charitable organizations for help and support in different languages: www.gamblingtherapy.org
Unfortunately, even the best system cannot fully prevent fraud and identity theft. If you are aware of any cases where our products are used in a fraudulent manner please contact our customer service via e-mail: [email protected]