The 37th MTV VMA is coming soon, so it is a perfect time to choose favorites. Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have the most nominations, but are their winning chances high enough to take all the prizes? Check all 2020 Video Music Awards predictions to see who can be the winner in the main categories.
The 2020 Video Music Awards is coming on August 30. For the first time in its history, we will not see major music stars in one room. This year, the ceremony will be held in special outdoor locations. It will feature performances from Lady Gaga, BTS, The Weeknd, and other popular artists in various New York locations. However, such an unusual format is not the only thing that raises interest in the upcoming VMA.
Online sportsbooks in the US make predictions about the most possible winners of this year’s MTV awards. The competition will be tough, so let’s see who can win the major prizes at the Video Music Awards.
2020 Video Music Awards predictions: Best Video
This August, six artists are competing for the major prize of the ceremony – Video Of The Year. The Weeknd is nominated for his super hit Blinding Lights, Eminem – for Godzilla, and Future & Drake – for Life Is Good. The main breakthrough of the last year, Billie Eilish, is nominated for Everything I Wanted – a bonus track from her debut album. Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande aim for the award for the summer hit Rain On Me. Taylor Swift got a nomination for The Man from Lover, but you can already bet on her latest album, Folklore.
As we can see, many great videos can receive the main VMA prize. Who has the best chances though? According to the 2020 Video Music Awards predictions, three artists are most likely to win the award.
- The Weeknd. Blinding Lights is probably the biggest hit of the year so far. The song reached #1 at Billboard Hot 100, while the music video got 210 million views by August 2020. Ultimately, the song is very well praised by critics and listeners, so it has good chances to win at the VMA.
- Billie Eilish. Thanks to her success at the 2020 Grammys, Billie Eilish is still on the list of favorites. Her Everything I Wanted, a bonus song from When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? reached 168 million views on Youtube.
- Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande. Two pop divas have good winning chances at the VMA with the second Gaga’s single from Chromatica, Rain On Me. With 178 million views in just two months and a #1 in Hot 100, this video can bring the second Video Of The Year prize for Gaga and the first – for Grande.
Follow Bet Online Sportsbook to see when the odds on the MTV VMA 2020 nominees appear.
Who will become the Artist Of The Year at the VMA 2020?
Another nomination from “the big 3” is the best Artist Of The Year. It praises performers who have done the most outstanding job during the year and became successful in charts. Like Video Of The Year, this one also has 6 nominees. They are DaBaby, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Post Malone, Meghan Thee Stallion, and The Weeknd. Let’s see who are the top-3 favorites.
- Megan Thee Stallion. 2020 was a breakthrough for the 25-years-old rapper. Megan Thee Stallion’s Savage became a viral hit on Tik Tok and turned her into a star in one night. During the year, she made a collab with Beyonce, topped Hot 100 twice, and her latest single with Cardi B is now breaking the records. What else is needed to win the VMA?
- The Weeknd. This singer’s success was not as rapid as Megan’s, but shouldn’t be underestimated yet. One Blinding Lights is enough to get the award, but there are also Billboard’s #1 Heartless and one of the best-selling albums of the year. Bet on him at online gambling sites in the US.
- Post Malone. One of the most successful performers of the last years, Post Malone deserves to win his second MTV VMA award. In particular, his Billboard 200 #1 album Hollywood’s Bleeding and the best-selling tour of the year can help him to get the one.
2020 Video Music Awards predictions: Song Of The Year
Finally, the last one among the three main 2020 MTV VMA nominations. The Song Of The Year category has gathered together six main hits of the last 12 months. Rain On Me, Say So, Everything I Wanted, Savage, Circles, and The Box aim for the prize. Check our 2020 Video Music Awards predictions to know which one deserves to win.
- Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande’s Rain On Me. Described by Gaga as “celebration of tears”, Rain On Me is a dance song with empowering lyrics and a catchy beat. It has broken several records since its release in May 2020: the song became the first female collab to debut at #1 in Hot 100 and Grande’s 4th top debut.
- Megan Thee Stallion’s Savage. A viral rap song that became popular thanks to Tik Tok, Savage is one of the most recognizable tracks of the year. Its remix with Beyonce topped the Hot 100, while the original song has already sold 2.1 million units in the US only.
- Doja Cat’s Say So. Another number 1 debut, Doja Cat’s Say So is a pop-rap composition that was commercially successful in 2020. It has also led to two remixes featuring Nicki Minaj and become the rapper’s first top peak in Billboard.
So, who will win? Join the betting on VMA now! Also, a great option to earn cash from awards would be betting on the Emmys. Check the Best Lead Actor predictions in 2020 as well as nominees for the Best SupportingActress in drama series.