Blackjack is a game in which the choices made by the player directly affect the outcome. Therefore, it is necessary to outline your strategy in advance and make decisions according to it. Blackjack strategies for dummies are not based on assumptions, but mathematical calculations. In this article, we will try to explain all the peculiarities of this game to the new players. Let’s get it started!
The history of blackjack can be traced back to the 17th century. At that time in French gambling houses, there was a game called Vingt-et-Un. It means “21” in French. The rules of this game are very similar to those of modern blackjack with the only difference that in Vingt-et-Un the dealer can double his bet. But how can we play blackjack in the online casinos in the USA?
Modern types of blackjack
Nowadays, there are many types of blackjack both online and offline. However, the most common are the following:
- The dealer stops with a hard hand (a hand that does not have an ace) total of 17. These are the classic blackjack rules when the dealer draws a card if his total is less than 17 or he has a soft hand total of 17 (with an ace).
- Another option is when the dealer stops with a soft hand of 17 points (all hands with an ace except blackjack) Its peculiarity is that you cannot get brute-force by taking one card. In this case, the dealer should stop drawing if the sum of his points is 17 (including an ace).
- During 21 blackjack duels the splits, doublings, and insurance are not allowed. All bets are paid at a rate of 1:1. In this case, the only goal is to defeat the dealer.
- A perfect match is a game with 5 decks of cards. Here you can have an additional bonus bet. Read our article about Tips On How To Use Bonuses In Blackjack to better master all the skills.
- In face-up blackjack, all the dealer’s cards are played face down.
Make sure which type of game you play in the Bovada Casino. It will for sure help you choose perfect blackjack strategies for dummies.
Blackjack vocabulary for dummies
This game uses several terms that can be confusing for a beginner. To prevent this from happening to you, we give the meanings of the main ones used in all blackjack strategies for dummies:
- Dealer, croupier – a representative of the casino against whom the game is being played. In online casinos in the USA, the process of distributing cards is autonomous.
- Hand – a set of cards that a player or dealer holds (consists of at least 2 cards).
- The Blackjack is the best combination in the game. Thus, it wins all other combinations, including any that add up to 21 points.
- Bust – a case when the sum of points in hand is more than 21 points. In this case, it is an automatic loss for the player.
- Draw – a situation when the player and the dealer have the same number of points.
- Winnings 1:1 means that the player doubles his money if he wins. Often on the tables, you can find “Blackjack is paid 3 to 2”. In this case, if the player wins, he receives his bet plus the amount, which is 1.5 times bigger. Thus, the total winnings will be 2.5 bets.
- Deal – in online casinos in the USA, pressing this button starts a new deal.
- More (Hit) – deal another card.
- Enough (Stand) – when the player is happy with the number of points in his hand and does not take more cards.
- Surrender – the ability to surrender during the game and get half of your bet.
- Insurance – an additional bet equal in size to half of the usual, which can be wagered if the dealer’s upcard is an ace.
What does “double” and “split” mean in blackjack?
Double means that doubling the rate is possible after the player has been dealt with 2 starting cards. After that, the player is immediately dealt with the third card. In this case, he will not be able to make more moves in the current round. Remember this information because it is important in all blackjack strategies for dummies.
Split stands for splitting a pair of cards into 2 different hands. However, it is only possible if the player has similar cards. After splitting, the player delivers a bet equal to the original, and the original hand is split into 2. Then, each of them gets one more card, and the gambler plays against the dealer with two separate hands.
Blackjack dealer rules explained
In any game of blackjack, the dealer’s actions are determined by the rules of the game. They cannot independently make decisions about which move to make at the moment. The basic rules for dealers are arranged so that every player at the table can read them. For example, the rule is “The dealer stops at 17”. This means that the total amount of the dealer’s card points is 17. Thus, he cannot take an additional card, even if one sees that some players have 18 or more cards. Blackjack strategies for dummies consider this fact very important. And if you want to learn more about the game, read our article Why Is Online Blackjack So Popular. This information will help you increase your winnings in the Bovada Casino.
Best blackjack strategies for dummies
After the player receives his two cards, he has the right to take an additional card and increase their total value of the hand. At the same time, one can decide not to take cards and play with only two cards that were dealt with after the deal. The player should draw additional cards until one collects 21 points and wins, or 22 or more and automatically loses.
The strategy of doubling allows the player to double their original stake in exchange for being able to receive only one additional card. For example, the dealer’s face-up card is 4, you have 3 and 6, which brings you a total of 9 points. This is the perfect situation for doubling. You increase your stake and hope for a 10-point card that will give you 19 points. Thus, the dealer can very easily go over or stop at 17. Either way, you win like a Pro Blackjack Player!
In the case of splitting, you can increase your stake after the initial hand. If you have paired cards in your hand, you can split them into two hands. You will need to double your original bet to cover the second hand. However, you should play each hand separately. A good pair to split is 8’s. Two 8s give you a total of 16 points. Thus, if you split them you have a chance of getting 10, which will bring 18 points and most likely a victory. We hope that you will be able to use all these strategies and tips in the Bovada Casino. Good luck!