Fury vs Usyk 2024 – Odds On The New Heavy Weight Champion

By:

Posted: January 29, 2024

Updated: January 29, 2024

If you're a fan of boxing, then you should know that Tyson Fury is the slight favorite to win his rematch against Oleksandr Usyk, with oddsmakers giving him a 60% chance of victory. Usyk, who defeated Fury in their first fight in 2022, is a 40% underdog.

For those of you who are looking for betting odds on the next big fight, then we have you covered. Tyson Fury (34-0-1, 24 KOs) faces Oleksandr Usyk (21-0, 14 KOs) in a Heavyweight Title Fight scheduled for Saturday, February 17, 2024, at Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The event, classified as a PPV, holds the Undisputed Heavyweight Title. 

Bovada Sportsbook Welcome Bonus

50% up to $250

Claim Bovada's generous 50% up to $250 Welcome Bonus. 18+. New customers only. T&Cs apply.

Fight Analysis – Fury vs Usyk 2024

In this colossal heavyweight battle between Fury and Usyk, both reigning champions in the division, the de facto number one and two fighters are set to clash. Fury, with his established presence in the heavyweight scene, seeks to defend his position, having claimed the belt in 2015 by defeating Wladimir Klitschko. Usyk, on the other hand, has proven himself since transitioning to heavyweight with significant victories.

As for betting tips, when examining Fury’s current state, online gambling news in the US suggests that this requires the careful consideration of multiple factors. At 35, Fury, with a lifetime of fighting and external challenges, appears as a seasoned athlete. His recent match against Ngannou in late October displayed signs of wear and tear, with a less-than-optimal performance. With the fight postponed due to this, the question arises whether Fury has had sufficient time to recover, improve his condition, and enter the ring in peak form to face a formidable opponent like Usyk.

Fury vs Usyk 2024 Betting Odds

Betting odds currently favour Tyson Fury at (-135), while Oleksandr Usyk stands at (+105), according to Bovada Sportsbook.

Fury Is The Bigger Boxer

Acknowledging Fury’s previous underestimation of Ngannou, an older veteran like him might be afforded some benefit of the doubt. Ageing champions often adjust their urgency based on perceived threats, and Fury has demonstrated the ability to summon the required motivation, especially against opponents in his league. However, there is a potential risk of Fury underestimating Usyk.

Fury vs Usyk 2024
Picture Source: Pexels

Despite respecting Usyk’s skills and achievements, Fury may unconsciously rely on his size and resume, assuming he is safe against Usyk, who is not known for one-shot knockouts like some of Fury’s past opponents. While it’s preferable for Fury not to overly depend on size, his physical stature may play a crucial role in this matchup. Usyk, with significant wins in the heavyweight division, including victories over Joshua, should not be underestimated. His strategic prowess and ring knowledge make him a formidable opponent.

Usyk Has Work To Do

Usyk faces the challenge of dealing with Fury’s size and strength, employing tactics that worked against Joshua and others. Fury, despite his physical advantages, is a skilled and cunning fighter. Having endured powerful punches from previous opponents, Fury recognizes that Usyk’s path to victory lies in strategic manoeuvres leading to a points win. It’s noteworthy that Usyk is often portrayed as the fitter, more active fighter. While his professionalism and conditioning are commendable, at 37, he is two years older than Fury. The question arises whether his best work is still ahead of him, considering the formidable opponent he faces in this bout.

Summing Up – Fury vs Usyk 2024 Betting Odds

In conclusion, Fury, despite a lacklustre recent performance, is expected to deliver an improved version in this high-stakes championship fight. Motivation, size, and skills are likely to be decisive factors, making Fury the favoured pick for those betting on boxing. The prediction leans towards Tyson Fury at -135 betting odds with Bovada Sportsbook, which along with the majority of online sportsbooks in the US, consider that his overall package of skills, size, and determination may pose some serious challenges for the smaller Usyk.

Click here to trz the best odds at Bovada Sportsbook 

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments