The eyes are the most important organs that allow us to perceive the world. However, many factors can harm them. Vision already deteriorates with age, and many hours of using a computer or phone have an additional negative effect on the eyes. A lot of gamblers forget counting the time when they meet the winning wave. However, it may have a bad influence on their eyes. Therefore, we have decided to give you some tips on how to protect your eyes while gambling. Let’s get it started!
Electronic devices and their influence on our eyesight
Unfortunately, such electronic devices as smartphones PCs emit blue light, which is the most dangerous to our eyes. It goes straight to the retina, while the cornea protects the eyes from other waves. And if the light of the sun has a positive effect on our body, then the radiation emanating from the phone or computer (especially if you use them at night) can cause dry eyes, headaches, fatigue, drowsiness, and blurred eyes. However, don’t get upset! If you need to use your phone or computer regularly, there are at least three ways to protect your eyes. Thus, there is no need to stop enjoying your favorite hobby in online casinos in the USA
Of course, it is difficult for a modern person to live without all kinds of gadgets. Moreover, the work and life of many are connected precisely with computers. A lot of professional poker players masker their skills online daily. At the same time, their vision is noticeably reduced, even despite high-quality monitors with a special protective coating. One way or another, the effect of a computer on vision is not useful or even neutral. The only thing that can be done to protect eyesight from the computer is to follow the recommendations of ophthalmologists described below.
How to detect problems with eyesight?
The eyes are one of the most important and most vulnerable human organs. Therefore, they constantly need protection. When gambling on a computer, eye strain arises, which, if several important rules are not followed, leads to the development of various diseases. Here are the typical signs of visual fatigue:
- redness of the eyes;
- itchy and gritty eyes;
- darkening in the eyes;
- split image;
- headaches and dizziness.
At the same time, the detrimental effect of electronic devices on human vision may be:
- decreased visual acuity;
- violation of refraction and accommodation and binocular vision;
- decreased eye mobility;
- violation of color perception.
To learn how to protect your eyes while gambling you need to know all the risk factors for visual impairment when playing at a computer. First is the non-observance of the gameplay and rest regime. Then you should notice the incorrect organization of the players’ game place. And for those who prefer gambling from a PC, the incorrect monitor setting may cause some trouble. However, we have prepared for you some tips that will help you make your gambling experience in the Bovada Casino healthy and comfortable.
How to protect your eyes while gambling: Organizing the game place
For the eyes to get tired as little as possible, when organizing the pace place, it is necessary to take into account 3 main factors: light, placement of the table and monitor, and the player’s posture during gambling. To preserve vision while playing at a computer choose the optimal light:
- Minimum illumination of the table surface.
- The general illumination in the room is in the range of 300-500 lux.
- The recommended power of the table lamp is 60-80 W. The lamp should have a light shade.
- Lack of direct sunlight in clear weather (otherwise there is the glare that blinds the eyes). To fulfill this condition, curtains of translucent tones are required.
How to save your eyesight at the computer by choosing the best position at your desk:
- The spine is perpendicular to the seat surface and floor.
- The shoulders are in line. Both hands lie freely on the table, the flexion of the elbow joint does not exceed 20 °.
- The feet are fully resting on the floor, that is, the legs are bent at right angles at the hip and knee joints.
- The back is tightly pressed against the back of the chair.
How to protect your eyes while gambling by optimally placing your desktop and monitor:
- It is advisable to place the desktop directly opposite the window or with the left end to it (if the user is left-handed, then the right end).
- The table should be of such width that the distance to the screen is 60-70 cm. However, at the same time, it is possible to work with the keyboard near the user (30-40 cm).
- The monitor should be installed almost perpendicular to the table, just above the player’s eye level. Therefore, one looks at the screen at a 10 ° angle from top to bottom.
- Do not forget that Monitor settings for preventing vision loss when working with a computer should be comfortable for the eyes. Before starting gambling in the Bovada Casino, you need to set the desired contrast and brightness of the monitor. These parameters are selected individually for each user.
Develop healthy habits to protect your eyesight
How much time do you spend in front of your computer or phone? Most likely much more than you think. British psychologists have found that the younger generation spends about five hours a day on the phone. If you gamble at a computer, add another several hours a day to this figure. And then another couple of hours that you spend watching the series in the evenings. Indeed, it turns out that at least 15 hours a day you spend under the influence of artificial blue light. If you cannot reduce this figure, take breaks for 2-3 minutes every 15-20 minutes. Besides, you can buy special glasses that block blue light as well as install a similar filter on your phone. These are just several from the existing ways of how to protect your eyes while gambling.
Change your lifestyle to save your eyes while gambling
Making small changes to your daily routine can also help reduce eye strain. Remember to wear sunglasses. Indeed, this is just as important as using sunscreen on vacation. Opt for amber or dark brown lenses. Also, quit smoking if you do. When tobacco burns, cyanide is released, which is dangerous not only for the eyes but also for the whole body. Besides, try to avoid dry eyes. If you have been suffering from this problem for a long time, buy moisturizing drops at the pharmacy. And, of course, don’t forget sports. Even 20 minutes of cardio a day will be enough for you to experience positive changes. All this is how you protect your eyes while gambling. Stay safe and sound while making real money in online casinos in the USA.
Eat Eye-Healthy Food
Add antioxidant and carotenoid-rich fruits and vegetables to your diet. This will help protect your eyes not only from exposure to light but also from other negative factors. The three main carotenoids for the eyes are zeaxanthin, lutein, and astaxanthin. Not all carotenoids can cross the hepatorenal barrier. Zeaxanthin is present in spinach and broccoli. Meanwhile, lutein is also found in green and yellow vegetables and orange fruits such as carrots, peppers, tomatoes, and corn. Indeed, zeaxanthin and lutein protect the inner part of the eye, including the retina, from blue light, and also help preserve vision. Astaxanthin is present in salmon, shrimp, and seaweed. It helps to relieve eye pressure, dry eyes, and fatigue.
We hope that our tips on how to protect your eyes while gambling will become helpful for you. Making real money in the Bovada Casino is great and exciting but never forget about your health. Read our article about the Advantages Of Gambling For Our Physical And Mental Health and always make the most of your gameplay!