Hockey is more dynamic than football. Indeed, here teams can score goals and earn penalties more often. Thus, there are even more options for analysis than in rich football lists. To be successful, as in any other sport, you need a thorough approach with the study of statistics, the calendar, the form of teams and leaders, monitoring the news, and other bookmaker routines. Due to a large number of matches in a smooth season, the importance of one win in hockey is lower than in football. Therefore, bettors often prefer the total and handicap markets to the main outcomes. A team from the basement of the standings can easily take out the leader of the season. Due to the busy calendar, the top team can end up with a streak of 4-5 defeats. In this article, we will discuss the ice hockey betting tips from pros.
Types of bets on ice hockey
To begin with, it is important to know what types of betting exist in this sport before choosing a suitable option. And also figure out which ones are relevant and effective from the point of view of experienced bettors. Get ready to make real money in the online sportsbooks in the USA.
Bet on the outcome
This means the victory of one of the opponents (1 or 2), or a draw (X). Since the favorites are invariably offered low odds, it is better to bet on the outsider or a draw. The favorite can lose points if he loses one or two strong players. Indeed, hockey is considered an unpredictable sport. Thus, these bets often have high odds. Let’s say a certain brand from the capital, occupying a leading place in the standings, plays against another club from the same city. In this way, we are dealing with a derby. In this kind of fight, the status of a favorite does not always work. Most bettors will choose the favorite to win, although the odds for such an outcome will be low. However, if the outsider wins, you can earn pretty well in the 1xBet Sportsbook.
Ice hockey betting tips from pros: On the total
Total is the number of goals scored during the meeting or its segment. It is not difficult to guess that the performance in hockey matches is much higher than in football. You can bet in live mode on the total goal of a hockey match over 6.5 if at least 2 goals have already been scored by the middle of the 1st period. It turns out that the rivals will have to score 7 goals for two. If the trend continues, then it will be quite easy to break through such a total. Thus, it will bring you income.
Bet on odds
Handicap is a bet adjusted for some result. For example, with a handicap of –2.5 per favorite, one must win with a difference of at least three goals. And it doesn’t matter what the final score will be, the main thing is the difference. Let’s assume that the fight ends with a score of 5: 4. Thus, you are betting on the losing team with a +1.5 handicap. When the score of meetings is 5: 5.5, your bet will pass, although they lost.
Let’s take another example. The score was 4: 3 in the game. You bet on the first opponent to win with a -1 handicap. With a handicap, the meeting will end in a draw – 3: 3. If with a handicap the result of the meeting turns out to be a draw, then you are entitled to a refund. It is better to bet on the handicap in the matches of the favorites against the obvious outsiders of the championship, especially if the favorite shows a productive game in most matches. In hockey, the odds on the handicap grow along with its numerical value.
Ice hockey betting tips from pros: Important factors
Emotionally stable players hone their knowledge base for live sessions. In the course of the game, the bookmaker opens additional markets, which attracts the attention of bettors. For pre-match betting, you will have to analyze the lineups, study the game calendar, news, and several other factors that affect the outcome of the match. Besides, team fatigue is a key indicator when choosing a hockey betting strategy. The likelihood that a team will win two matches in a row with a tight schedule tends to zero. The team that will play the day after the game or overtime usually loses. When making forecasts, the following are taken into account:
- The current state of the teams participating in the event. Moreover, the last 3-5 meetings deserve special attention. However, you should analyze away and home games separately;
- The Basic Rules of Ice Hockey;
- Statistics of head-to-head meetings of 2 teams. Sometimes the playing model of one club is uncomfortable for another, which affects the outcome of the meeting. This feature cannot be identified by the standings and other indicators;
- The motivation of the players – in the final it is the strongest and makes the game unpredictable;
- The number of disqualified and injured team members is one more important factor. This analysis is one of the ice hockey betting tips from pros.
The hockey betting strategy assumes a consistent increase in the bet amount. Initially, you should allocate a small part of the bank (no more than 20%) and choose matches with low odds. If the first bet is successful, you should make the next one for the full amount, including profit. Repeat this move no more than 3-4 times, and only then withdraw the profit. If a loss occurs at one of the stages only the initial amount is lost. Of course, the cycle should start over. Moreover, to protect against losses, you can play simultaneously in several offices at different events.
Ice hockey betting tips from pros: “Hall” strategy
“Hall” in betting is the interval between the opposite results of one event (tactics are similar to the “fork”). Hitting it provides a double win. However, such a tactic does not guarantee profit for any outcome. To make a profit from this strategy, we recommend you register with several offices. Check it out in the 1xBet Sportsbook!
Here, you should divide the bank (the amount allocated to the bets) into five different parts: 1%, 3.5%, 9.5%, 24.5%, and 61.5%. The first-rate is 1% of the bank. If it loses, place the second bet with an amount equivalent to 3.5%, etc. If it wins, you can cover the costs of the first bet and get the expected profit from it. After a successful bet, start all over again with 1%. Make the next bet only after the previous one has played. Indeed, the amount that will later be used depends on this. The rate is called “60+” because it allows you to increase your income by 60% or more. The main thing is to place bets only with an odds of 1.7. Indeed, bookmakers say that this ratio is equal to 56% of the success rate of the bet.
Ice hockey betting tips from pros: Catch up against a draw
For this strategy, you need to work with at least two bookmakers and choose a match in which the scoring teams meet. However, you need to choose the outcome of a particular period, not the whole game. Since it is impossible to place a bet on the fact that there will be no draws in the period (if there are such bookmakers, then there are not enough of them), you need to bet in one office on the victory of the first team, and in another – on the victory of the second.
The coefficient for the outsider team should be twice as large. Thus, the bet will be twice the amount on the favorite than on the outsider. This will make it possible for any outcome, except a draw, to make a profit. If there is a tie, increase the rates for the next period to recoup the money spent. If teams always score a lot, then the chance of another draw will be minimal. Try this strategy in the online sportsbooks in the USA and increase your income.
Total Over 1.5
As a rule, in eight out of ten games, teams score at least two goals in a period (1: 1 or 2: 0 score). This happens especially often in the first period. Therefore, bets on TB 1.5 in one period are quite profitable if they are combined, for example, with catching up against a draw and making an express bet. These are the ice hockey betting tips from pros.
Ice hockey betting tips from pros: Total over 6.5+
It happens that hockey teams score 4 or more goals in the first period. Your task is to find such live matches and place a bet on TB 6.5. That is, on the fact that in total 7 or more goals will be scored in the game (for example, 2: 2, 1: 1: and 1: 0 – and 7 goals have already been thrown). Better to place a bet during the first or second period, as in the third period the players can relax. If you bet on one game, choose TB 6.5 in the next. You can bet the total over with even higher odds. However, in this case, there is a risk that the bet will not work. But if successful, you will make more money. The main thing is not to confuse the bet for the whole game with the bet for one period.
Using the recommendations below, you can make hockey predictions with a high degree of reliability and make money on bets in the bookmaker’s office.
- Before the match, analyze the psychological and physical condition of the outsider. Often, underdogs pull out matches with the efforts of a pair of performers. If they cannot play in the upcoming meeting due to disqualification or injury, then team actions will be disrupted. Therefore, the favorite will not experience any problems and will score the maximum number of goals. Bettor, in this case, can earn solid money by betting on a handicap or total;
- After analyzing the outsider, take a closer look at the favorite. If the team’s goal is defended by the reserve goalkeeper or other main players do not go out on the ice, and the team did not impress with achievements in previous matches, then it is likely that they will fail in the reporting match. Strong underdogs benefit from such a situation, and the bettor can make good money;
- When making a bet, take into account the team’s previous matches in the tournament. In the NHL, teams are distinguished by high performance. Meanwhile, the KHL and some other championships are inferior in this regard. Of course, it is important to know which club is good. It will also help you move up on handicaps or totals.
- Of course, a lot depends on the players. However, the coach is responsible for the well-coordinated actions of the team. If there have been changes in the coaching staff, then there may be changes in the team’s game. Consequently, from this point on, the playing style can change a lot. With the right approach, it is quite possible to benefit from such a situation. These are ice hockey betting tips. Good luck!