Entertainment

Winning Live Baccarat Strategies for Beginners

Baccarat, also known as Punto Banker or the player banker, is known to be the game for the richest casino players. Although this sometimes scares new players, baccarat is actually a good choice for newcomers. The game has a relatively small house edge, and it is very easy to learn. Today we are going to take a look at the winning live baccarat strategies.

Baccarat, also known as Punto Banker or the player banker, is known to be the game for the richest casino players. Although this sometimes scares new players, baccarat is actually a good choice for newcomers. The game has a relatively small house edge, and it is very easy to learn. Today we are going to take a look at the winning live baccarat strategies.

Introduction

More and more people have recently started to discover baccarat. As we mentioned before, baccarat is very easy to play. You will only need to make one decision – whether you bet on a Player or a Banker. The goal of the game is to get as close to 9 as possible. In that sense, baccarat is pretty similar to blackjack – natural nine is the equivalent of 21 in blackjack.

In land-based casinos, baccarat tables usually host around 8 players. However, sometimes there are big tables and up to 14 players can enjoy the game at the same time. Usually, the smaller tables have smaller minimum bets. Therefore, finding a table with a $10 minimum wager shouldn’t be a problem. Some online casino sites in the US even let the players bet less than a $1, so if you have a small bankroll, playing online is a great option.

Baccarat in a nutshell

High Rollers' Club Presented by Baccarat and the World Pok… | Flickr
Baccarat championship – Image via Flickr

Once the game is started, the dealer is going to deal two cards to the Player and the Banker. Sometimes, the third card is dealt. However, unlike in other table games, players don’t make this decision. Instead, only the rules state whether or not the Player or the Banker will get the third card. Moreover, it is impossible to bust in baccarat. For example, if the Player has a total of 12, then it’s counter as 2. There are three possible outcomes: the Player wins, the Banker wins, or a tie. You can learn more about how to play the live baccarat in this article.

Neither a player nor a dealer makes decisions in the game. Basically, as there is no decision-making in baccarat, the game doesn’t require an element of skill. Even if you are playing baccarat the first time, you have the same chances of winning as the other players.

The tie bet

If we take a look at the baccarat payouts, we can see that the tie has the best payout – 8 to 1. At the same time, the Player and the Banker bets will bring you even money. At first glance, it seems that the tie bet is the best one. Obviously, the chances of winning a Player or a Banker bet is much higher. But even if you bet on a tie and win, the house edge for this bet is huge. The Player bet has a house edge of 1,24% and the banker bet has a 1.06% house edge. However, if you bet on a tie, the casino advantage is as much as 14,36%! Therefore, it is better to avoid this bet.

One side strategy

One of the easiest live baccarat winning strategies is simply to choose one side and stick with that one side for the entire game. For instance, if you are going to play around 50 games, and you bet on the Banker all the time, you are probably going to win around 25 times. Theoretically, if you follow this strategy, you are most likely to break even at the end of the game. However, sometimes, either the Banker or the Player can go on a winning streak. It often happens that the Banker can win 10 times in a row. In this situation, you can win a lot of money – just be patient and stick to one side.

Additionally, if you are using the one side strategy, try to choose tables with lower minimum bets. Sometimes, the opposite side will go on on a winning streak. Losing 10 times in a row on the table with a $10 minimum bet is always better than the same situation on the $50 table.

The obvious downside of this strategy is that you won’t win all the time – it is impossible to predict winning streaks. However, this is a good strategy for beginners and those who play baccarat occasionally.

Classic Baccarat | As one of the most popular casino games w… | Flickr
Classic baccarat – Image via Flickr

The Banker bet

As you remember, the Banker bet has the lowest house edge – the casino advantage is only 1,06%. If we take a look at the odds, the Banker bet has a 45.86% chance of winning. At the same time, the Player wins 44.62% of the time and 9.52% of games will end up with a tie. However, if you bet on a Banker and win, the casino will withdraw a 5% commission. As a result, a lot of players prefer to bet on the Player. But even though the Banker bet has a commission, it is still better to stick with it, as it will bring you profit in the long term. Casinos commission this 5% in order to reduce losses. Therefore, most of the times it is better to bet on the Banker.

Develop your baccarat skills

Nowadays, online gambling sites in the US offer a huge number of gambling opportunities. For instance, you can try the winning live baccarat strategies at Intertops Casino. The casino offers baccarat and live baccarat in different settings and designs. Moreover, first-timers will receive 100% max. $100 welcome bonus using the promo code. You can learn more about the welcome bonus and gaming profile in our review about Intertops Casino.

You can discover more about Intertops Casino here.

Discuss Winning Live Baccarat Strategies for Beginners | User Rating