The Hippodrome Casino. Image source: Wikimedia Commons
We already know this year’s winners of the most important award in the gaming industry – Global Gaming Awards. The third Global Gaming Awards ceremony took place at the Hippodrome Casino in London on February 3. The award was a tea ceremony that this year was the first time aired online. So, let’s find out who are the Global Gaming Awards 2020 winners.
What is the award about?
Global Gaming Awards is one of the most prestigious awards in the global gaming industry. It celebrates and awards the companies that brought the most contribution to the industry and were the best in their spheres during the last 12 months.
The Awards takes place once a year in London. Though the Global Gaming Award exists just three years, it has already become a very important event in the industry. There are 16 categories about every sphere of gaming: from online gambling to land-based casinos. And the Judging Panel consists of more than 50 industry experts.
So, for each Award, the winner will be the nominee with the most first-choice votes from the Judging Panel. And, if there is a draw, the award will go to the nominee with the most second-choice votes.
Global Gaming Awards 2020 Winners
One of the big stars of this year’s ceremony was the company Bet365. Last year’s winner of the Online Sports Betting Operator and Affiliate Programme of the Year categories won in these categories again defending its titles. Winning two years in a row in major categories makes Bet365 one of the best betting operators.
Paddy power also got lucky at the ceremony winning at the Betting shop operator category. The award for the Online Casino of the year went to LeoVegas, and the PokerStars got the online Poker Operator of the year award. Also, Casino de Monte Carlo took home the casino of the year award.
KPMG Isle of Man was responsible for the transparent and fair voting process and to make sure that the winners winning companies are truly deserving. The nominations in the 16 categories and the shortlisted company names were revealed two weeks before the Award. In fact, you can check the full list of shortlisted nominees here.
Meanwhile, check out the full list of Global Gaming Awards 2020 winners!
- Betting shop operator of the year – Paddy power
- Online Casino – LeoVegas
- Corporate Services Provider – Continent 8 Technologies
- Online Sports Betting Operator – Bet365
- Casino Supplier – Novomatic
- Online Bingo Operator – Jackpotjoy
- Retail Supplier – Scientific Games
- Online Casino Supplier – Evolution Gaming
- Affiliate Programme – Bet365 Affiliates
- Online Sports Betting Supplier – SBTech
- Casino Product – Red Tiger Gaming
- Online Poker Operator – PokerStars
- Casino – Casino de Monte Carlo
- Payment Solution – Trustly
- Corporate Responsibility Programme – Paf
- Chief Executive (sponsored by 1xBet) – Gavin Hamilton(Red Tiger Gaming)
Don’t forget to check on online gambling news to be updated on topics of this kind.