Slot machines came to the world of online casinos a long time ago – in the late 90s. Although they are not the oldest way of gambling in the world, they already have a rich history and many fans. It is almost impossible to meet an online casino without slots. The rules of the game are simple and clear, so everyone can easily play and win. And if you don’t want to spend money, a demo slot mode for virtual currency is also available. However, there are still some nuances that you should be aware of. For example, it is important to know which slot machines symbols exist and what they mean. In this article, you can find out this important information.
Varieties of slot machine symbols
- Card and digital symbols: It is the most common type. They look like numbers from 1 to 10, as well as card symbols of the King, Jack, Queen, and Ace. They can be decorated in the style of a slot machine. However, usually, they bring the smallest income;
- Themed characters: They are made according to the theme of the slot. If the card and digital symbols are almost unchanged and have the same design, the themed ones are unique for each slot machine. These can be portraits of different characters, images of objects, buildings, equipment and much more. It all depends on the theme of the slot. Most often they bring the main income to the player;
- Main characters: Often these are the same thematic images, but the most valuable. As a rule, they are presented in the slot in the amount of one or two pieces. For example, if this is a slot about saving a princess by a knight from a dragon castle, then the main symbols will be the knight, the princess or the dragon. These symbols bring the biggest win for the whole game;
- Special characters: This is a separate type of game elements. By themselves, they do not bring benefits (only in rare cases). But they can increase profits from other symbols. For example, there is the Wild symbol. It can turn into any symbol of the machine, so you can put together longer and, accordingly, more valuable combination. There is also a Scatter, which can get you free spins. In separate slots, Wilds and Scatters can interact with each other. They open the way to additional bonus rounds and provide increased payments sometimes. Let’s find out more about how this slot machine symbols work!
How the Wild symbol works in online slots
A deck of cards spinning on the reels of slot machines consists of basic and additional symbols. Among them, the Wild symbol is endowed with special functions. This is a “wild card”, the main purpose of which is to replace other images. Depending on the game mechanics and characteristics of the gaming machine, the Wild symbol can perform the following functions:
- Replacing other images: Prize combinations of slots are formed from two or three identical pictures. If one image is missing, the Wild becomes a card that will save you from losing.
- Increasing the rate coefficient: In some slots, the appearance of a Wild card means an additional multiplier. The gambler will receive a winning combination with a minimum number of characters and will double the rate.
- Stacking in the bonus tour: As part of the free spins round, a Wild card will help you win every spin. A symbol can produce additional factors and stack for several spins forward on one column. In this case, the Wild remains motionless in one place.
- Substitution of cards: Another bonus option is the expansion of neighboring cells. Thanks to this, at one time the user receives several Wild symbols. Therefore, they already guarantee victory.
The Scatter symbol in online slot machines
The Scatter symbol in each rotation has an image that is related to the theme of the slot. For example, if the slot is related to cinematic topics, then a Scatter symbol may enter a picture with an Oscar. The presence of a Scatter in the slot machine makes the game even more interesting. It introduces an element of additional intrigue to the gameplay. Besides, you get a bonus which does not require any investments.
In cases of falling scatter symbols, the coefficients of the slot you selected are multiplied by the total bet per rotation. For example, there are ten lines in the slot and they are all active. And your rate, for example, is two cents, while the general one is 20. If the usual combination falls out, the coefficient stated in the paytable is multiplied by two cents. But in cases of the Scatter symbol falling out, the situation is more favorable. After all, multiplication is carried out by the general rate in 20 cents.
On some machines, Scatter symbols may be missing. So, before playing, you need to familiarize yourself with the slot in detail to know which combinations can bring you victory. Scatter symbols can drop randomly. Of course, the player does not have to choose many lines for bets. But with an increase in active lines, the likelihood of a larger number of the Scatter falling out also increases. Thanks to this symbol, you have more chances to succeed. Moreover, the Scatter payments in the game are calculated with the calculation of the total bet.
The main source of information about any game is the payout table. It is advisable to familiarize yourself with it before you start gambling. The help menu of each slot machine contains information on basic symbols, additional images and winning combinations.
Besides, video slot developers usually launch the game in two versions. There is a demo version for a free game and a version for a real money game. Playing in the demo mode, you can get acquainted with the basic principles of the game and the functions of the different symbols.
Online casinos in the US offer a wide range of slot machines. You will be amazed by this variety. Visit CyberSpins Casino and see yourself how slot machine symbols work. Just get the right combination and win! Good luck. And may Scatters and Wilds be with you!