The week in pictures: October 7th -13th
Posted: October 14, 2014
Updated: June 4, 2017
What a week, last week! It really had everything. October 7th until 13th welcomed many first page news, good and bad as usual. But all interesting. Some great.
The Nobel Prize for peace was awarded to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai and the Queen awarded the honorary dame title to Angelina Jolie.
Big news but not so great was the fact that Kim Jong Un has made his first public appearance in 40 days, and really bad news is the fact that one patient diagnosed with Ebola died in the US, another one just got infected in Spain while hundreds are still dying in Africa. India got hit by Cyclone Hudhud taking other lives and Hong Kong protests go on.
Full week, indeed. Formula 1 made a comeback in Russia after 100 years. (Many more to go!) and on the ‘tech’ side, the iPad Air 2 was rumoured to be a sensation. What a great anticipation for the next seven days, isn’t it?
On the same note, news from gambling were interesting as well. They came with pics attached. Take a look!
Poker players went ‘all in’ for the 7 Biggest Poker Tournaments last week and hundreds of thousands of dollars in winnings.
2. Early 90’s brought the chewing gum ban…Last week brought the gambling ban in Singapore. Now that’s a major bummer for the poker players that chew gum.
3. Macau is the Mecca of Asian Gambling but little issues could have disastrous effects and consequences on it.
4. Online gambling in the US seems to have taken a step back as it is once again facing a roadblock.
5. Unite-HERE union tabled some propositions to the Trump Taj Mahal owners, agreeing to smaller pension contributions rather than abolishing the pension funds.
6. Illegali-NO, Legali-SI. Italian tax authorities prepared an investigation detecting Italian illegal gambling, a EUR 122 million industry.
7. Formula 1 Circus finally made a stop in Sochi for the Russian Grand Prix after 100 years’ break.