Loved by many online casino players, Zoom poker is one of the variations of the legendary game. Thanks to modern technologies a lot of people have the opportunity to play poker simultaneously. In Zoom poker, you can develop your style and strategy of the game, regardless of your opponents. Here they do not play such an important role. But what does? In this article, we are going to discuss the latest Zoom poker strategies.
What is Zoom Poker?
Currently, a lot of poker rooms offer to play fast poker. The fact is that to use all the advantages of this format, it is necessary to have a large number of players in the game pool. A lot of online poker sites in the USA meet this condition. Comparing to other versions of the game, Zoom poker has features that make it unique. The gameplay is organized as follows:
- Although this is a cash game, more players participate in it than one regular table can fit. The maximum number of participants is not limited by the functionality of the application. At tables with low rates, several hundred and even thousands of poker players can gamble at the same time;
- The buy-in for playing Zoom poker is the same as at regular cash tables. Moreover, each participant can join the game at any time or leave it;
- The entire pool of players is distributed among the tables. The number of tables may vary, as automatic seating is performed continuously;
- Any participant of the distribution can leave it at any time by using the Quick-Fold button. Then one will immediately be at the other table with other players where the new distribution begins;
- You can make the Quick-Fold even if the player has not yet reached the turn. However, the rivals who remain in the bidding will not know whether the opponents who decide later or not have discarded until the move reaches them;
- There is a wide variety of Zoom poker strategies.
Pros&Cons of Zoom poker
It turns out that the main difference and advantage of Zoom poker is that players do not need to wait for the end of the distribution if they do not plan to bet. Having announced a Quick-Fold, the poker player moves to a new table and immediately receives new cards. Due to this, the user can significantly increase the number of hands played per unit of time. Thanks to this, Zoom poker is an excellent alternative to multi-table play. A poker player can gamble the same number of hands per unit of time at several tables. However, managing the gameplay is much more convenient. Anyone who wants to further increase the number of hands played per session can occupy two or more tables in the same pool. Of course, the poker player will not meet with himself at the tables.
Even though the Zoom format has several significant advantages over cache tables, there are several drawbacks that you should learn about before you sit down to play it:
- Little information about opponents: Unfortunately, not all statistical programs work with this format. Stats that are collected at regular cash tables can distort information about the opponents. In Zoom one can use other ranges of hands and play in a different style;
- Difficulty with notes: It’s not so easy to make notes since there simply isn’t time left on them. Moreover, recording them is extremely inconvenient due to seating;
- A short distribution history often does not allow you to see the distribution of interest;
- Less time for reflection: Little time is allocated for decision-making, which does not allow you to think about action in a difficult situation;
- More regulars: Even though this format is aimed at users playing for fun, it attracts many regulars who come to win bonuses.
As for any new format of the game, you need to adapt to the fast one. You need to practice to understand all the advantages and identify the weaknesses of this game. Intertops Poker can help you develop your skills and Zoom poker strategies.
Zoom poker strategies
Due to its peculiarities, Zoom poker requires a special approach to the game strategy, which should differ from the one you are used to at regular cash tables:
Do not play too many tables
One of the biggest advantages of fast poker is that the ratio of hands played per hour at one table is much higher than at regular tables. However, non-stop play means that you need to be very attentive. There is no universal number of tables that you should play, as this depends on individual characteristics. However, keep in mind that the quality of your decisions is more important than the number of hands you played. As a rule, 2 or 3 fast poker tables at the same time give a large amount of action and still leave you time to think through your decisions qualitatively.
Get away from the tight game
Although a tight game is a plus for beginners, the tactics of playing at fast tables are based on other principles. At fast tables, a big part of your profit will be blind stealing. Styles and re-styles are the fundamental tactics of playing at Zoom tables.
Protect the blinds
From the paragraph above it follows that the struggle for fast tables goes precisely for the blinds. Accordingly, if you are in the blinds, you should protect them more often so as not to give your opponents money.
Look at your opponents
Since your opponents at fast tables are constantly replacing each other, it is difficult for you to collect representative statistics on them. At this point, notes on the players will help you. Mark any non-standard actions of opponents (size and frequency of bets, hands during the showdown, general manner of the drawing). Later you will be able to use this information against them.
To sum it up
Zoom poker strategies have been compiled relatively recently. However, the rapidly growing popularity of the game inspires confidence. Just think, the speed of the gameplay in Zoom poker is over the top. This means a faster victory when you see the right game tactics or faster defeat if you make mistakes. In modern realities, gamblers should look only for the most profitable game options. Thus, Intertops Poker is a famous and reliable platform that can help you practice your poker skills. Learn the latest game strategies and try your luck!