ABC Classic 100 Winner Predictions: Music for the Screen
Posted: June 9, 2022
Updated: June 9, 2022
ABC Classic radio station is looking for the best composers for movies and video games
The winner of the ABC Classic 100: Music for the Screen will be announced on June 12
Morricone, Zimmer, and Williams have the best chances to be listed among the best composers
In 2022, the ABC Classic radio station is looking for the best composers for movies and video games. Take a look at the latest ABC Classic 100 winner predictions to discover Australia’s favorite Music for the Screen soundtracks.
ABC Classic is an Australian radio station that is one of the most popular classical music radio stations worldwide. Since 2001, it has been organizing surveys among its listeners in order to define the best and the most popular pieces in classical music. Bets on music are available at online gambling sites in Australia.
Every year, the theme for the survey called Classic 100 Countdown is different. For instance, the theme for the 2021 survey was The Music You Can’t Live Without. Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5 topped the list that year. In 2022, ABC Classic devoted its survey to legendary composers whose contributions to the big & small screens are notable.
Music For The Screen is The Theme For Classic 100 in 2022
This year’s ABC Classic 100 is called Music for the Screen. The audience is invited to choose their favorite compositions that have been created and used in movies, video games, and on TV.
Previously, ABC Classic has already devoted one of its surveys to music in movies. The countdown was called Music in the Movies and was held in 2016. Back then, the following composers and their movie themes entered the top-5: Maurice Jarre for Dr. Zhivago, Vangelis for Chariots of Fire, Howard Shore for The Lord of the Rings, John Williams for Star Wars, and Ennio Morricone for The Mission (the winner).
The ABC Classic radio station will announce the winner of Music for the Screen this Sunday. Until this time, everyone can vote for their favorite compositions. Listeners finalized the lists of nominees on the radio station earlier this month. Then, ABC Classic will count down the best 100 pieces live on June 12, 2022.
Besides that, everyone can bet on the winner at online sportsbooks in Australia. Let’s see what are the five most popular composers among bettors right away.
ABC Classic 100 Winner Predictions: Who Leads The Odds?
Who has the best chance to enter the top-5 of Music for the Screen? According to online bookmakers, the following composers lead the ABC Classic 100 winner predictions: Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Koji Kondo, Joe Hisaishi, and Ennio Morricone.
- Hans Zimmer is a living legend in the world of cinema. His soundtracks for The Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean, Interstellar, and Dune have already become classics. Undoubtedly, Zimmer is one of the greatest composers of the 21st century, so his odds to enter the ABC Classic survey at 22Bet look attractive.
- Undoubtedly, John Williams is one of the most popular and honored composers of all time. His works for Harry Potter, Star Wars, Schindler’s List, Home Alone, and many other movies are still recognizable today. In his 90s, Williams still produces incredible scores and therefore leads all odds to win the poll in Australia.
- Like Williams, Ennio Morricone is one of the best composers in film history. His most famous works include Once Upon a Time in the West, The Mission, Le Professionnel, and The Untouchables. Unfortunately, Morricone died in 2020 but his works will stay in memory forever.
- Koji Kondo is most famous for his scores for the video games Mario and Zelda. The Japanese composer has been working on Mario since 1985 until nowadays. For his contribution to the legendary game series, he is included in the ABC Classic 100 winner predictions by the bookies.
- Joe Hisaishi is another composer from Japan who is associated with Hayao Miyazaki’s works since 1984. His soundtracks for Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Howl’s Moving Castle are still beloved by film fans. No wonder Joe’s chances to win the ABC survey are high at 22Bet.