Do you know how many people play casino games? Or which country is considered the biggest gambling center in the world? Check out interesting gambling statistics 2021 to broaden your perspective about the industry.
The gambling industry is one of the biggest entertainment industries in the world. To understand how important it is for people all over the world, take a look at interesting gambling statistics 2021. It will help both casino owners and players to see how the industry is developing and learn some fun facts about it.
In particular, our gambling statistics includes:
- Number of people who gamble
- Countries that gamble the most
- Most popular gambling activities
How many people gamble
Gambling is not only a popular but also a very profitable entertainment industry. It is difficult to estimate all the profit it brings in all countries of the world. According to last year’s reports, the global market’s value is approximately $465 billion. In 2021, it is expected to grow to $515 billion despite the crisis.
How many people are contributing to these mind-blowing amounts? Again, it is very hard to count but we have interesting statistics about gamblers who have ever visited online gambling sites in Australia or land-based casinos. It states that 2 billion people have gambled at least once in their lifetime. It means that almost every fourth person on the planet has been ever involved in sports betting, lottery, or any other casino game.
In addition to this, around 1.5 billion people gamble throughout the year. They may not necessarily be keen gamblers but buying a lottery ticket once in a year also counts. Of course, these are estimated stats, however, the number of people interested in gambling is still amazing.
Top-5 gambling countries in 2021
Following our interesting gambling statistics 2021, 1.5 billion people gamble every year. The next question is which countries are the most involved in any kind of gambling activity. Here are the top-5 countries which are considered the biggest gambling centers in the world:
- The UK. People from the United Kingdom top the list of the biggest fans of gambling. Every year, they bring ca. £14 billion from all gambling activities in total. Sports betting (mostly football and horse racing), bingo, lottery, and slots are their favorite kinds of gambling.
- Australia. Australia is the runner-up in our list of the most gambling countries. Its total revenue is ca. $18 billion as of 2021; most of it was brought by online casinos in Australia. Concerning activities, local gamblers prefer slots, lottery games, and sports betting (horses and dogs).
- The US. As one of the biggest gambling centers, the United States surprises no one by its presence on this list. People from the US bring the biggest revenue among all countries – $240 billion in total. Gamblers play card games and the lottery both in online and land-based casinos.
- Canada. One of the biggest gambling countries is Canada. Its residents bring ca. $6 billion thanks to various lotteries, bingo games, and slots. Sports betting is also popular there, especially hockey.
- Singapore. Together with Finland, Singapore is one of the biggest gambling centers in the world. Restrictions that exist in this country don’t prevent people from gambling. Singapore often bets on sports and plays slots at online casino sites.
Interesting gambling statistics 2021 – the most popular activity
As you can see, gambling is extremely popular across the globe with crazy revenues and billions of fans. Now, it’s time to define the most popular gambling activity of all. The nominees are card games, lotteries, bingo, and sports betting – find them all at Bet365 Casino. Can you guess the winner right before checking the answer?
Obviously, sports betting is the biggest gambling sector in the world. Moreover, this is the only sector that wasn’t influenced by 2020. It has grown by 7% during the last twelve months! Both live and pre-match betting bring the biggest profit to the industry and is the most popular among gamblers.
The second most popular activity is the lottery. This is the only gambling activity that is legal in most countries. Its availability and affordable pricing resulted in it being the most played gambling game in the world.
By statistics, card games (including poker) are coming next. They are followed by bingo which is mostly played in the UK. You can learn more about bingo statistics here.